I was able to get to some sewing this week. First up I was working on my County Fair quilt. I continued with my pinning rows at naptime and sewing them either that night or the next morning.
I got this far only to realize if I wanted to make the quilt bigger than the pattern suggested that I needed to make some more blocks.
I have 2 extra blocks so only need to make a few more. I sat down and started working on them. I surprised even myself by getting the center of the quilt together.
The quilt comes from the book Scrap School: 12 All-New Designs from Amazing Quilters put together by Lissa Alexander.
Next, I’ll be ironing the center, adding an inner colored border and an outer background border.
This has been a really fun quilt to make.
I kept up with the red sampler quilt along. I cut the blocks one day at naptime. The next morning before childcare I got one 6-inch block made. I almost got the 12″ block finished and got the other 6-inch block started.
That night I finished the up.
I decided to lay all of the blocks out to get a peek of how…
the quilt might look. Oh, I love it.
I showed the picture on Instagram and several people commented how they liked that I added brown…or that they didn’t like that I added brown. There is no brown in the quilt. For example, the lead block in the middle and the block above them don’t have brown. They do have a red in them that leans towards brown…but they are not brown. Sometimes it’s hard to tell in pictures.
I showed you a quilt finish on Friday…this one…
If you missed that post, you can find it HERE. My childcare kiddos made the quilt. Each block has a had or footprint then the print is made into something. I did a long explanation of it in the blog post.
My machine had lots of thread breakage when I machine quilted this. I was hopeful that it was just that running through the paint that caused the breakage but I wasn’t sure. So just to check, I put another quilt on the frame. It’s fireman-themed.
My machine worked like a charm on this one…thank heavens. I was right. It was the paint. I hope to have this one ready to show you on Friday.
I was so excited to be getting something finished that I pulled another to machine quilt. This one will be next.
A blog reader sent this. I’ll be finishing it and donating it to the human society benefit. Each blog has a little pet on it. So cute!
I didn’t get anything done on the boy’s baby quilts. I did do a little work on this…Not much really.
This is a UFO that was given to Ray. The quilt is Iowa Hawkeye-themed. The quilt is so cute. I’m thrilled to have it and know the perfect place to donate it to. I am finishing this myself and need to have it done by August.
My plan it to make this at least single bed sized. I had to find some other fabrics and cut some more tumbler blocks. It is a simple quilt but I’m really excited to have this to donate. A huge thanks to the person who gave it to Ray and to Ray who thought of me and sent it my way.
That’s what I’ve been up to. I had a great week!