The stars aligned and last Monday, I had no grandkids here. That left a day for me to some time in the sewing room.
The first thing I did was work on my quilt made from the leftovers of my Inspired by the Past quilt.
I got that off the frame…
…and then I bound it right away. I’m really liking this quilt. I’ll do a whole photoshoot and tell more about it on in a later post. I actually was able to get the photoshoot done and I wrote about it HERE.
I asked blog readers to pick which version of the quilt they liked best…this version with the scrappy neutral sashing and checkboard border or the original with the pink sashing.
“How can I get this pattern? I just love it! Both versions are gorgeous!”
It is in the February American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I looked at Amazon and if you have Kindle Unlimited, you can get the issue for free. HERE is the link.
I’m trying really hard to get caught up in the sewing room so that I have all of the longarming and binding done.
In the process, I tried out a new sewing gadget for binding that I’m going to tell you about in another blog post later this week.
Last week I told you that I was working on my UFO Garlic Knots by Bonnie Hunter. I had lamented that I’m not a design board girl and this quilt almost needs something to lay it out.
I said I was just using the island in my sewing room to lay it out and a blog reader asked me how I was doing that.
I snapped some pictures as I worked. See the +’s that are in the sashing. They are a bugger to put together. I’ve gotten so I work one row with sashing at a time.
Here you can see that I put the sashing piece that works with the previous plus down.
Then I layout the sashing for the next set.
I take them to the machine…
Then I lay them back out again.
Then I add in blocks and sew the blocks and sashing pieces together.
Then I focus on the next set of blocks and sashing.
You can see the coordinating pieces are in a row over by the star blocks. I keep them there and grab the pieces as I need them.
It’s slow going but at least I’m going. I have over half of it together so I’m hoping it will be a top next time I show it to you. For now, it’s this far along…
I do have another row and half finished…just not connected to the main piece yet.
I did get these little gems all ironed and counted. These are those Frolic leftovers I bought at the thrift store.
I am happy to say there are 258 of hers. I have to find mine and see how many more I can add to it. Then I’ll be designing a quilt for them. YAHOO!!
I unearthed this UFO. It’s high on the list to get finished soon. This is a quilt along that happened with Primitive Gatherings last year. I didn’t finish mine. Soon I hope.
I’m making a goal to have it done by Memorial Day. We’ll see…4th of July for sure. I think I have about five more blocks to make and then it’s time to sew them all into a top.
I also pulled a little mini quilt top I had here. This was made with leftovers. I’ve been on such a kick to use up leftover and finish UFOs. This was a pile of four patches. I made a few more to get this big enough. It’s really small and is only a quilt for decor.
The top has been done for a while now, but I didn’t finish it. I loaded it on the frame so hopefully soon this will be a finish too.
I just love that I’m chugging away on these unfinished projects. It makes me feel so good to see progress and things cleaned out of the sewing room!! I’m so glad I jumped on a bandwagon of finishing old projects. It just makes me happy!!