If you follow me on Instagram you might have noticed that on Friday morning I posted this picture.
I was so excited! I had all of my blocks finished!! The time sewing this has gone by so quickly. I ended up looking as to when I first started talking about the quilt on the blog. It was January 11th. I had started it a few days before then but not a lot earlier. I’d guess I started it on the 8th…I finished it on the 18th!! I wish some of my other quilts happened that quickly.
I’ve been so excited working on this…I’ve been up early in the morning and hurried through kitchen clean up at night. The little printed fabrics in these blocks is so stinking cute I loved working on them and wanted to get back to them.
Thursday the childcare kiddos all ended up leaving early. I was completely done with childcare at 4:30pm. Typically it’s 5pm or after and then I have clean up after that. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and ran to the sewing room to start piecing this quilt top together.
By bedtime I had this!!!
The top was together!! I was so excited. I quickly snapped this picture and sent it on to Kelli to see what she thought. She liked it. I did too.
We decided to send it off to a magazine for publication consideration the next day. I needed a better picture though so as soon as the sun was up I took it outside and snapped a photo.
I contacted the Quiltmaker group and I immediately got a YES!! How exciting! We rarely ever get a yes that quickly. We were notified that it will be in the Quick Quilts Oct/Nov issue.
This is likely the last you’ll see of it until then. I thought I should take a quick close up of the fabrics before it makes it’s way to Golden, Colorado.
I really want to thank the many blog readers who have handed their scraps on to me. Without those scraps, this quilt wouldn’t be what it is!
So on my agenda for the week…get this quilted and packaged up.
Onto my String Challenge: For those of you who have been following along with me, you know that I’ve challenged myself to finish all of the quilts in Bonnie Hunter’s new book String Fling before her new string book comes out….I only have four that aren’t finished and all of them are started….so….here’s this week’s progress. …not much. I started sewing Charlotte’s Baskets together.
I am making this bigger than the original in a 5 x 6 setting. It will be a nice sized throw. I have to admit that I’m started to second guess my sashing choice. I’m wondering if I should have done something brighter in the pink/purple family.
I got so busy with the Halloween quilt that I didn’t do much work on my string challenge….it’s okay. That happens. I’m taking any progress I get.
You can find me here next week. My hope is that I’ll have Charlotte’s Basket sewn into a top!!