I was extra busy in the sewing room this week.
I got my baby quilt off the longarm and got it bound. Final pictures of it will be coming soon.
I pulled this UFO. Long ago I was experimenting with a design that thought might work. Can you see the blue star in the quilt…Honestly, it’s not easy to see. This has been on my UFO list. I wasn’t feeling it anymore and it wasn’t what I “envisioned”. So I decided that I would add a cream border…
…and then a blue border with the hope that the star would pop a little more.
I ended up packaging it up and sent it to Ray for his Veteran’s Day program. It’s small but I think would be great for a Veteran who is wheelchair-bound.
The majority of my time went into the 16-Patch half square triangles. I think last week I told you I needed to sew over 1000. Here are some progress pictures.
and just like that, I had the 64 more blocks that I needed.
That was awesome progress to have that many blocks made over the week. I’m so pleased to have them all finished!!
Over the week I need to cut some sashing and hopefully will start sewing the blocks together this week. I’m so happy to have this UFO moving along so quickly.
I also got a few nine-patch blocks made…21 are finished and more need to be ironed.
…and I got a UFO loaded onto the longarm frame.
I wish all weeks were like that and I could make such good progress.
…an added bonus, I filmed a Sew with Jo video but it hasn’t been edited or uploaded up. Soon I hope. Watch for it over the week to come.