I tried my best to squeeze in some sewing time.
As you know, I’ve been working on the square in a square blocks.
I can’t seem to decide what I want to do with them. My friend gave me the smores pattern.
I really like it and am tempted to make it but I also have this picture nagging me. See the solid-colored quilt that is tied. That’s a square in a square block with a framed border on the block with big chunky sashing. I really liked that quilt. Hmm.
That led me to EQ…
That led me to this…
Then to this…
Well, this was supposed to help me make a decision. It didn’t help me. All I know is that I’d need 121 blocks for this version. I would need 113 to make Jo Morton’s Smores version. Hmm…
I ended up counting my blocks. I have 86.
I guess I’ll worry about what I’m making with them after I have at least 113 blocks made. HA! I told you I hate making decisions. I’m also going to see what I have for sashing fabric that might work. Maybe that will help prompt me to make a decision.
I had my Tribute to Judie quilt on the frame last week. This week I finally got the longarming done.
It was wonderful to be working on this. It’s finally getting finished. I think it was my longest-going WIP.
I don’t have matching binding for the border so I’m going to have to do some looking to find a good binding.
I told you all about my thinking I might try to do a wool project. It was prompted because many Flosstubers were talking about having Wool Wednesdays. It’s been so long since I’ve done a wool project…yet I have wool and have patterns. It’s time.
I picked my project. I found the wool I’ll be using. Now I have to find the Steam a Seam. I know I have some but I used it so rarely.
I’m happy with my progress this week considering I put in a full work week and worked 5 1/2 hours of overtime. I didn’t think I’d get any sewing done!!