I had a busy week with family and summer things. More garden got planted. I’m really close to being done with that. I have two shrubs to plant and that’s it. I’m kind of putting that on hold with the hope that one of the kids might be around to help dig the hole for one of them. There are rocks there and I’m not the best with rocks.
Kayla was home two days over the week along with Jasper…School got out…oh just lots of summer things happened. I somehow managed to have a slow weekend though so I took advantage and did some sewing.
I am on a mission to get this UFO further along. I think I have around 112 blocks done. I don’t remember for sure. I am making a commitment to get at least 10 done each week until I’m done. I’d really like to get this quilt finished. I looked at the pattern and it came out in 2007. I think I bought it at the time. That’s WAY to long for something to wait to be finished!!
I was happy that I actually got MORE than 10 done this week…13 in fact. I love these little blocks and love the quilt but I’m so slow with it. I think part of the reason I’m dragging my feet is that I don’t have the finishing fabrics. I took some time and shopped online to get them a couple of months ago…then I couldn’t find the fabric I wanted. I’m starting to think I might just make the center blocks scrappy and do my own thing with the quilt. We’ll see. I don’t have to worry about it too much yet.
I also made a commitment to try to get at least 6 of these blocks done a week. This is my Oregon or Bust quilt. It’s also on my UFO list. I love this quilt. I love the look of it. I’m happy to be working on it. I’m so glad that I finally got working on it again.
I know once I get close to having the majority of the blocks done, I’ll buckle down and finish it up quickly.
Speaking of finishing something up quickly. I got this project together. I’ve teased you a bit about it.
I filmed a video and my daughter Kalissa was so sweet and edited it for me. It went live yesterday and I’ve already gotten some great feedback on the quilt. I’m so happy. I never know if my ideas are good ideas!!
As always, you can push the red triangle play button and watch it here or you can so to Youtube HERE, save it, and watch it later on your television or device.
The project uses all of the leftover triangle bits from cutting out my oversized flying geese quilt. I saved all the bits after cutting them out with my companion angle ruler.
I hustled one day and got all the blocks made.
Then later that day I sewed the top together. It is in an 8 x 8 setting and is at 48″ finished. It will be perfect for a baby quilt.
On Saturday I even found the time to load it on the longarm and work on it.
I’m hoping by the weekend that I’ll be able to show you the finished quilt.
This was a fun one for me to work on. It was quick and easy and used up the triangle scraps.
I also worked on my Singer 15-91. It’s been acting up a little lately. The tension hasn’t been the best. I could just tell the old girl needed a day at the spa. I’ve been wanting to film the video on my orange peel quilt that you all have been asking for and I couldn’t do that unless I had a good working machine.
She’s sewing like a pro now and I’m excited that I’m one step closer to getting that video filmed. I know you all have been waiting. One of the delays is that I lost the tutorial piece and couldn’t find it so that’s found now too. YAHOO!! I’m heading in the right direction.
I can’t remember if I shared the link to watch the live video that Kalissa and I did a couple of weeks ago. You can find a recording of the live videos I’ve done HERE.
That’s what I have for you this week. If you do watch the video if you could hit the thumbs-up button, that would be so helpful for me. Before you go, let me know what you are busy working on…