I’m actually surprised I got anything done last week in the sewing department. I had grandsons, Carver and Anders, here most of the days and even had them overnight.
One school day when Anders was here I went upstairs and grabbed my bucked with Kaffe fabrics. Over the years I’ve collected fabric. Some was sent by blog readers. Some was leftovers from other projects I did and most was from a package of fabric I got from the thrift store.
I am going to be part of a blog hop with Villa Rose Designs. It will be happening in January. I thought I better get started on it because who knows what will be happening with my family by the time the actual blog hop comes around.
This is the…pattern. It isn’t released yet but will be by then.
I thought the large-scale Kaffe prints would be perfect for the project.
I added the final row onto my hourglass quilt. I brought it downstairs and ironed it. I know I can finish the quilt as-s but I’d kind of like something that “finishes” the design. I was thinking about doing something like you see below…
What do you think?? Would you leave it as is or would you add the outer border I was thinking about?
As I was auditioning the border, look what I noticed. CeeCee and BeeBee, my foster pups, did this. They ate this little section. The quilt was sitting on the table. The pen the dogs were in was close. They got ahold of the quilt and I didn’t see that they had it. UGH.
Thankfully that’s the only damage I saw. While I had the quilt out and was looking it over, Izzy plopped down on it.
She loves dog toys and thankfully only chews on them.
Kalissa contacted me when she was in the hospital. She sent me this picture. She wants me to try to make these pockets for Gannon’s Ng Tube.
I found a Youtube video that showed how to make them. You can find it HERE.
They weren’t hard to make…In no time I had several that were this far along.
There is a piece of vinyl in between the fabrics.
Once I got that far I had to order a bunch of stuff via Walmart pick-up. I needed some findings and snaps. I’ve never used snaps before so there was a learning curve that I did okay with.
I ended up finishing two when I realized that they would be easier to make if I had a D-ring. So I put in an order for those.
I took the two over to Gannon to see if they worked as Kalissa intended. It turns out Gannon liked the dog one.
He wasn’t in the mood for a picture. Sorry. It does work though and he does like it.
Originally he wanted an Army one. Donna from the Cresco Ladies had some fabric that she is giving me to make one. I believe it’s from her daughter’s actual Army shirt. I’ll make his one with that next.
The end of the tube that hooks up to the feeding bag goes into the pocket and the pocket gets hooked to his shirt. It’s all more sanitary this way.
I’ll soon make more…Hopefully we won’t need them.
So that’s what I’ve been up to as far as sewing goes…