I had a busy week with kids here filled with grandkids and visitors. You’ll hear more about that as the week and upcoming blog posts unfold. But for now, you’re here to find out what I’ve been up to in the sewing room.
I’ve been working on my publication project a little bit each week. This week my job was to get the red pieces cut out. That’s all done and I’m ready to start sewing.
I listened to the advice from about half of you. You might remember last week that I said I was debating about adding the called for piano key border or adding more blocks and making it with no border. I opted to… make more blocks. I also listened to the advice of several who said they weren’t happy with the two light-colored blocks in the quilt. I did remove them.
I also got all of the blocks cut out. WHOOT! WHOOT!
I am still having trouble with the crash of my computer. I filmed a Sew with Jo video where I was talking about how I was making the blocks for my True Blue quilt but we thought the video was lost in the crash. It wasn’t. Kalissa was able to retrieve the videos. She did have a lot of extra work to get it together though. She had to recreate the opening and closing of the video, starting almost from scratch. Here is the video. If I say anything you already know about or if the quilt top isn’t together, just remember that this was filmed several weeks ago but is only showing up now because of the computer crash.
I also did a bunch of cutting out for my granddaughter Lucy and Lilly’s quilts. I did that while I was anticipating my friend Connie’s arrival. You might remember Connie is a blog reader who has become my friend in “real life” too.
Rosie was so happy to see Connie. Connie is a huge animal lover so she showered Rosie with some loving. Connie brought this quilt. She made it for the Fireman’s benefit. She’s made things in the past to support the group. She’s so sweet.
Rosie wanted to check it out. I told her she had to sit for a picture but had a little trouble concentrating and had to yawn. I caught her mid-yawn.
Connie also left three quilt tops for me. I’m so happy to have them. They are pretty and all fall-themed. Connie said she was trying to dwindle down fabrics she didn’t love anymore so cut these all up and used Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Breezy Leader and Ender Challenge block pattern.
As I said…all three were similar. Connie makes and gifts a lot of quilts.
Size and borders are all different on these. I’ll be saving these and finishing them myself. Then will donate them as needed. I have one earmarked for the next Kickin if Forward benefit next August. I think a fall quilt would be perfect for that.
It was so good to see Connie!! We haven’t seen each other much Covid. Hopefully, that can change. THANKS for stopping Connie.
I am still remembering that I hoped to have a Smores quilt along sometime this fall. That is still my hope but right now, my plate is still too full to manage that.
It’s Sunday afternoon as I write this. I’ve spent the day outside trying to get some projects finished. If you live where it snows, you know once September hits, you only have a limited time to do cold weather projects. I tackled a few I have on the list.
Now I’m headed to the sewing room. My priority is to get further along with the quilts for my granddaughters. Oh, it would be so nice if I could get one into a top. Fingers crossed. I’ll let you know how it goes next week in my “What I’m Working On” sewing update.