I’ve had limited time sewing this week. But, I still think I got a lot done. I think working in small amounts of time pays off.
First off did you see my Red Sampler quilt?
You can read all about it HERE if you missed it. I’m so glad to have it finished.
What I have been sewing on…Bitcoin. The door to my sewing room is serving as the home base for this project. This is a Bonnie Hunter design. The quilt is super easy but TIME-CONSUMING!
The punch sewn together are on the left if 26 strips worth. On the right there are 10 strips sewn together. In the middle there are seven columns sewn together.
I’m well over halfway done on this. I started a new goal. I want to add one row every day. I take that back. I want to sew on a MINIMUM of one row a day.
After I got this far I stopped and I sewed some more strips and I do want to add a few more columns. I’m making mine bigger than the original quilt. Over naptime this week I will iron these and cut them into segments.
It is totally doable to add one column a day. Knowing me, I’ll do that for a week then just sit down and finish it in one session. Either way, I’d love to see this done soon. I have other things I want to SEW!!
My batik charm quilt really hasn’t seen a lot of movement but I vowed I would try to keep working towards getting all of the quilt tops quilted so even though I didn’t feel like it…I pressed on.
I loaded it …on the quilting frame. When I get some free time, I’m going to tackle this.
I have my top thread picked out. I need to fill bobbins yet though. That’s a job that will wait until one of my children call me on the phone.
I moved on and started sewing on my Show Off quilt.
This was a UFO. When I last left you I had pulled it out. I had cut the muslin strips that were needed.
This week I sewed the sashing. I got all of the pieces sewn. Then I started in making the nine patches that act as cornerstones. It was so easy to start them as I just pulled out the 1 1/2″ bucket and started sewing. I’m strip piecing the blocks.
I sewed the strips in the morning and then over naptime cut them into segments.
This is how I cut them quickly. I layer them up saggering them.
Here is a little closer look.
Then I cut them into segmetns cutting five or so layers at a time. It makes for fast cutting.
Here the segments are cut and ready to be sewn into nine patches.
Sunday I sewed them into nine patches.
I started sewing the into sashing strips. If I sat down and just sewed I am sure I could have this quilt top together in a day…but I haven’t had a day to just sit down and do it…so, I pug along being thankful for the time I do get.
Last week I told you that I pulled Garlic Knots. It’s a Bonnie Hunter pattern.
I had enough time over naptime to discover that I needed to cut some border pieces.
I’m not starting back with this in earnest until either Bitcoin or Show Off is finished. I say that but I also know me. If there is nothing to sew on them one morning, I’ll pull this out and started on sewing the border pieces and that would give me something to iron at naptime…
…because I do need somthing to do at naptime. So rather than start sewing Garlic Knots, I pulled Hawaii Sunset. It will be my naptime project for a couple of days. It’s a UFO. I need to figure out where I am with this and what’s done.
I REALLY-REALLY want this finished and the only way it’s going to get done is if I just DO IT!
So that’s the FIVE projects I have pulled right now. Oh my. That’s a lot. It’s time to get some of these wrapped up Jo!!