I had a busy week and in the end, I was surprised with as much as I accomplished.
I finished the machine quilting on my Holy Toledo quilt. Oh, I love this quilt!!
I even tackled the binding.
I’m hoping to get pictures taken and a blog post written so I can show the quilt off the quilt later this week.
I am ahead on… my cutting up shirts challenge. Did you see the challenge I put out last week for anyone to join me in getting their shirts cut up? I had been doing great keeping up with the easy “one shirt a day”…but then, one day last week I decided the heck with it and I finished up the rest of the bag of shirts all in one sitting. I started with four bags and am down to two left. I’m pleased.
After I finished the bag I thought “why not just take a few days off”…but I know where that kind of thinking can lead…NOWHERE. So I grabbed two shirts while supper was cooking the next day and cut them up.
If you missed that post, you can find it HERE. I also did a video on how I cut up shirts with a rotary cutter. Here is that is you missed that too.
How are you all doing on the cutting up shirts challenge??
I’ve also made SLOW progress on this…I added a sashing row. My goal is to keep adding one more row each week until I’m finished. I know that sounds like a small goal, but right now, it’s all I can muster.
My steam for this project is gone. I do love the quilt, I’m just not “feeling” it right now but I don’t want to put it away or it will be that much harder to pull out.
I am slowly moving my spider web string blocks along too. It’s way slow and that’s okay. Some progress is better than none. I sewed all the half blocks this week and over nap time one day, I pinned them together. I’ll put these through the machine in one of my morning sewing sessions this week. Then hopefully iron them over nap time. Little by little, it’s happening.
On tap for this week…I plan to finish the Halloween quilt. The top is done so it shouldn’t be too much to finish it up. It’s due mid-February and that is just around the corner. This week I just needed a little breather with no deadline screaming at me. So I put it off…now this week it will be on the front burner.
I did hit some milestones on a couple of my cross stitch projects. I’ll wait and tell you about that in a cross-stitch update.
I did a post on Friday about my quilts from 2014. There was a glitch with it and the quilts didn’t all show. It’s fixed now. You can find it HERE if you want to try again.