I am still in the sewing room working on getting things right. It’s all a slow process and I’m trying really hard to be patient. (I’m not the best at that)
On Saturday I did a lot of tidying. One of my goals in all of this was to have less viewable plastic and to have a more uniform look. I got rid of two three drawer plastic units this week. I also unearthed some things for upcoming auction here on the blog.
I had debated on keeping my picnic basket collection. I didn’t have a place for it but after I got rid of one of the plastic drawer units, there was room right here.
I keep my embroidery, orphan blocks, novelty prints and fabric for a special project in these.
For those of you who are curious, my little hamper got painted RED!! It was the most popular vote from all of you. I love it like this!!
This cabinet is going to go….It’s been nice but I’m moving it out. There is no real storage to it and if I’m going for my unified look, it’s the wrong wood color. I also want to get a larger television. Right now with this one, I can’t read the screen from across the room. I asked Buck if when he comes he’d do a wall mount on the wall for me here and he said yes, so the living room television will go here on the wall and I’m getting myself an early Christmas present of a new television for the living room. I’m excited for the prospect.
Plus, I want a “cleaner look”. Right now with the whole thing on these risers, it’s just not cute. The plan is to find a dresser to go here instead. If it’s dark wood, I’ll leave it dark but if I don’t like the color, I’ll paint it gray like the other dressers.
You might remember that I bought two dressers and chalk painted them. One was turned into the ironing board station…
The other, this one, is going to be one end of the island. I put new pulls on the dresser..it looks sharp (If it weren’t for all the clutter at on top. It’s getting better though.
I also mapper out the center island. It is going to be the length of my Singer 15-91 in the cabinet and the width of the dresser.
It will all fit in here perfectly.
I picked up the counter top from Menards on Friday. Right now it’s hanging out in my dining room waiting for Buck to come home.
I found an old cupcake tin and painted it red….
I had this old stool. I think it’s going to hang out here. I’m auditioning it here for now.
I bought this about five years ago from the thrift store. It’s a nice sturdy set of drawers. It’s low enough that it will fit under the island if I want..typically I keep it here next to this machine and will likely continue to do that. I did give it a paint job. It was an oak color.
As far as sewing goes this week, I didn’t do a lot. The quilt on top the drawer unit got machine quilted. I filmed a video of that. What for that coming up in the near future.
I have a big tin cabinet that will be going in this corner. I painted it red. It isn’t upstairs yet but I hope we’ll be able to get it there. Remember I have those awful stairs that don’t allow much to go up them??
My big yellow tin found a home here. I has held my button collection. It’s about 3/4 of the way full!! I’m letting that stay yellow.
I got two more backings pieced together and this quilt got loaded on the frame.
I finished my cross-stitch piece but I’ll save that for another blog post.
Little by little the sewing room is coming together. Right now I’m still in the market for a dresser. Other than that, I think I have everything I need…I just need to finish getting it all together and for now, I’m waiting on Buck…
But also waiting on me…Just so you know:
I had a covid exposure. It was completely innocent. I ended up having one of my childcare kiddos on Wednesday. She had an accident at school the day before and required stitches. She was a concussion watch because of it so mom asked if I would watch her on Wednesday. No Problem. I’d love to. Well on Wednesday night the mom was told by someone she had been with on Monday via her work that the person tested positive for Covid. The mom went on and was tested. She is positive for Covid. So…being we were together on Wednesday when she picked up the kids, I need to quarantine. We weren’t close to each ofther but still I should quarantine, so I am. So far, so good, but the next few days will tell the real story. I’m not worried but as they say, “out of an abundance of caution”, I am being safe and will likely schedule a test later this week. Please no lecture…This little girl is like my granddaughter and I know the family is cautious. This was a total accident. Again, no lecture.
For me, that means I don’t have kids here…which is sad but I am going to try to take advantage and get a few more things done around here, including catch up on my email. I haven’t touched it for about 5 days. So if I haven’t responded no worries…I’ll be getting to that this week.
Sewing room progress is mostly on hold until I’m out of quarantine….that’s okay. I still have those quilt tops to machine quilt and finish. This is actually a good excuse to get right on them!!