Well…I’ve had an extremely busy week on the quilting front. Here’s the reason. On Wednesday night we had a flux quick five minute or so rain and storm come through. Seriously, five minutes was about all. I was at the quilting machine working on a quilt when I heard a HUGE pop and the electricity went out. It was the kind of pop that makes you jump and wonder if your appliances are going to be okay.
So I went downstairs and tried to find things to do that didn’t require electricity. I waited and waited and finally an hour or so later it came back on. I started checking the appliances. Everything was good. Whew. I really was nervous.
After supper I sat down and decided to get some blog posts written. The internet didn’t work. Hmm. After talking to Karl and a little investigation, we discovered that the storm and that POP I heard blew out the modem for the computer. Darn. Seriously, it’s the third time it has happened since we’ve lived here.
Our modems are owned by the internet company so I called to get a replacement. I knew I was going to be waiting. UGH. I was on the phone for an hour and was assured one would come two days later. It didn’t come. I called again. I was assured it would come the next day. It didn’t come. I called in again. I was assured it would come today. Fingers crossed it does.
Well in the meantime, I have a blog and if I miss a post, people miss me. I get letters and comments from people wondering if I’m okay. For this very reason, I write posts ahead of time and schedule them so should something like this happen, you all know I’m okay.
Well I had things covered for the most part for a couple days…Kayla came to my rescue for Friday morning’s post..the rest I’ve had previously scheduled. Well that’s great but by Sunday, it had been four days since I wrote anything….I needed to write something or once I do get a modem, I was going to really be behind. So Karl suggested using the “hot spot” on my phone…and that is allowing me to write this post. US Cellular, our cell phone company, is apparently waiving overage charges while Corona Virus is here so I’m not worried about going over my data. Whew. I didn’t know all of that on Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday or Saturday so then I stayed in the sewing room and did I ever get a lot done!!
Round 4 is done on my Unity Quilt Along.
Some happy news about that….Deb, a blog reader from Owatonna Minnesota had recently sent me her Frolic Mystery quilt leftovers. The pink half square triangles in round #4 are from her!! YAHOO!! That cut down on my sewing time. I’ll have to remember to check if any other goodies from the mystery can work their way into this quilt.
I tackled a UFO box that was in my closet. When I say tackled, I really truly did. All of these packs were in one tote and that tote was taking up space on my shelf. One of my goals for my “war on my sewing room” was to make sure all of them things had shelf space. To do that, some things had to get off the shelf. That tote with these, was my target.
I bought these at one garage sale in 2016. It was time to tackle them.
Here’s what was in the bags.
As I type this on Sunday, these scraps and blocks are now two complete quilts and one quilt top. You’ll have to keep coming back this week to see the work I did being I had no internet to distract me.
Here’s a sneak peek of Rosie with one of the quilts….
Isn’t that a precious picture. She can be really cute!!
This is another of the garage sale UFOs…not quite a top yet but close…
I was on such a roll with getting all those quilts done that I didn’t keep up with the Temecula Quilt Company sew along. I can get caught up on that quick though….In fact, that is the evening plan for this day.
As for my Quilted Twins Mystery, I don’t have that done yet either. I was on SUCH a roll with finishing quilts. I machine quilted and bound FOUR quilts this last week and three of them weren’t even tops as of last week.
Stay tuned, I can’t wait to show you.