I didn’t do a single thing this week as far as crafting goes. Not one thing. NOTHING.
That really didn’t surprise me. The week before school starts is always craziest at childcare. The absolute CRAZIEST. Moms are back to work and need places for the kids who were only part time over the summer. Families switch or change childcare so it was a lot. I ended up hiring a helper every day except for Friday as I was loaded with kids. If I have more than 10 kids, I hire a helper.
Thankfully right now I have two kiddos that are able to help…Neighbor Girl and Sofie. They are both going into seventh grade and both are so handy to have around. They both like babies and they both like playing with the kids. It was wonderful to have them.
So what did I do with any free time I had…
write blog posts
walk with my friend
had grandkids late
had kids for supper
prep food for the next day of childcare
The other thing I did was submitted a baby quilt for publication. It was picked up by American Patchwork and Quilting. To often people think it’s an easy thing but it isn’t…It’s time consuming to get some directions together, get it package, etc. There always several back and forth communications until finally it can hit the mail. It’s good to have something going out again.
I joke and say that Kelli and I use this as our “mad” money, “egg” money or whatever you want to call it, but it’s true. We do. All of our going out to eat and crafting supply money comes from projects we get published. The money was running out so we had to get something published. It’s actually really good motivation. It’s also good for us to get back in the swing of things.
This week I am going to work really hard on this…
This is #8 of the Sheep Virtues. I started it at the beginning of the month and then got side tracked with another project. My reason for wanting to work on it…I’ve NEVER finished an entire 12 month series on time. I really want to with this. So…it this is month #8 I need to finish it soon so I can start on month #9 and finish it in September.
Georgia’s quilt is exactly in the same spot it was last week…HERE….
Not even one seam happened. I had hoped to sew on Saturday but that didn’t happen. I’ll tell you more about my Saturday in an upcoming blog post. It’s a saga.
Kelli and I also spent some time digging through our quilt collection to find a quilt to donate. There was a good cause benefit that was happening and we wanted to support it. We ended up donating this quilt. It was originally made and published for the May/June 2017 issue of McCalls magazine.
You can read all about this quilt HERE. Kelli and I both need to get back to sewing. Our piled of quilts that we pick from to donate is dwindling. There are so many good causes and so many come to us asking if we’ll donate a quilt. We’re so happy to donate though. It’s a tough spot to be in. Hopefully we’ll get machine time again.
So that’s the update in the crafting and sewing department this week. Hopefully with Labor Day weekend on it’s way, I’ll find my way into the sewing room.