I had a busy week filled with kids. I’m also walking a few nights a week with a friend of mine. We’ve got a nice little schedule going and we’re walking about an hour a night. Unfortunately she’s a teacher and will be going back to school soon so I don’t know if that will cramp our style.
I’ve been squeezing in a little time here and there for some sewing and some stitching.
Here’s how far I am on stitching my little Lizzie Kate Christmas stocking. I was thinking I might finish it this week but…that didn’t happen. That’s okay. I had Buck’s kids here this weekend. Early Saturday morning the kiddos wanted to play outside. I’ve never done this before but I went outside on the patio and actually used our furniture. First I took care of a little bit of correspondence and then I stitched.
I realized that I NEED to do this more often. The weather was perfect for it and for some silly reason stitching out on the patio seemed much more relaxing and enjoyable than stitching in my recliner does. Crazy I know!!
I had a little stitching time later in the day and actually got more done than in the picture. It was afternoon and Kelli was stitching with me then. I have to admit, it seems a little crazy to be stitching Christmas things in July. Especially while we were sitting outside and sweating in the afternoon…the kids wanted to play though so what’s a grandma to do?? Stitch and sweat I guess.
I also got some more done on Georgia’s baby quilt….See??Again I’m not setting the world on fire with my speed.
I still need to make “W” and “Z”. The letters all need to be trimmed to size. At this point I simply measure one I like the size of and then cut the other to that size. There is nothing pattern related to these at all.
A blog reader wrote and asked it there was a pattern to these letters…NO. None. I first made them when I hosted a “crumb along” when I made this quilt.
I made them again for Carver’s baby quilt…
and again for Gannon’s baby quilt.
The one I’m making now is for Georgia. I decided to change up the red letters with purple letters being Georgia’s a girl. I know red would have have been just fine but honestly…I’m wanting to do something slightly different.
The letter’s aren’t hard to make. It does take a little creative putzing…
That’s what I’ve been up to on the crafting/quilting front this week. I’m hoping to tackle a little more on Georgie’s quilt this week…yes, she gets called Georgie a lot.