I worked a little on Georgia’s quilt. I didn’t get much done. We’ve had lots of visitors stop by and our grown kids have been home a lot so that translates into a lot of time away from the sewing machine.
Thankfully this project is for a Georgia and Kelli is super patient with me.
One night this week I woke up and laid there and laid there and laid there. Finally at 2:30am I got up and sewed until 4 am. Then went to bed and finally was able to sleep. I know it’s the stress of everything that’s going on with Kramer’s cancer….the next night I went to bed early and slept really well.
Anyway…these blocks got finished that night.
as did these a few of these….
I love the green and white striped one.
I also started trying to work with the flying geese rows. I did a little sewing on them and then went to press them. They laid on the ironing board like this….
That’s when it hit me…I finally came up with a new layout for the quilt.
I am going to try this….
The flying geese will form a heart. All of the rest of the space will be other blocks and pieces that are scrappy. I’m hoping this will work. It’s much more challenging than the other ones I’ve done but that’s okay. I want to make something a little different.
…and that is the only sewing I’ve done.
Everyone has been saying I need to take care of myself and one way I’ve been doing that is by not getting up an hour before I need to so I can sew. I’m getting so I miss that time. So I might get up early twice a week. Maybe that will be the best of both worlds…a little sleep and a little sewing.
Today is the first day of chemo and radiation for Kramer. Check back tonight and I’ll let you know how it went.