What I’m Working On…

It was a not so good weekend for me…I ended up off work on Friday with the flu.  I am not one to do nothing…but Friday that’s exactly what I did.  I thought I would initially be okay.  I was up at 5:30, dressed and headed to the sewing room. I started tacking down a binding and as I worked I felt a little worse and worse.  Then I got a call from one of my childcare moms.  Her daughter was puking.  Hmm…would I be puking soon?  I started to wonder.

By 7:15 Carver got dropped off and from there I went downhill quickly.  I talked to my other families and contacted Kalissa and said I needed a sick day.  I imagined I’d be able to sit and cross stitch or do something…but nope.  I mostly slept the day away.  I NEVER take a nap.  NEVER.

I took THREE naps.  Once I even fell asleep with my shoes on.  I slept over five hours during the day.  I was sure once night came that I wouldn’t be able to sleep but I did.  I slept another 10 hours.  WOW.  The next day I wasn’t 100% but I was able to do stuff.  I wasn’t throwing up anymore but eating was limited.

Blog reader Ila always says I live in a petri dish with childcare here and she’s so right.  Each time I get sick I always think of her telling me that!

Anyway…we were suppose to have our family Christmas and baptism over the weekend and that didn’t happen.  We were expecting snow and winds and COLD.  The forecast predicted -45 below zero on Sunday morning after snows of 4-9 inches the day before.  With kids traveling to get home, we didn’t want to risk it.  That was disheartening but better safe.

Anyway…I spent most of Saturday catching up on computer work.  I’m still not completely caught up but closer.  I’m happy with the progress I did make…and computer work was a perfect thing to be doing when I didn’t feel the best.

I cut out the piece for the clue for the mystery on Saturday and sewed the pieces on Sunday.  I am completely caught up.


I am super happy with that.  We don’t have a lot going on next weekend so I think I’ll be able to stay caught up.

After the clue was done I went back to this….Winston-Ways-2

I had hoped to have this off the quilt frame but alas…it didn’t happen.  I am over half done so I’m happy with that.  Hopefully this week that can happen.

I did bind this quilt.


I’m hoping to get some photos taken of it and show it off here on Friday.  I’m so happy….little by little more projects are getting finished.

For those of you who have asked, I will keep doing the UFO Progress reports on Wednesday.  It keeps me accountable.  Goodness knows I need something to keep me on track.

To see what others are working on check out Patchwork Times and Quiltville.

15 thoughts on “What I’m Working On…”

  1. Is it Wednesday? These days before xmas there is so much to do…..

    It is a bummer to have the flu…… glad you just slept and let your body heal …… I am back to binding ……. have three to do before Saturday……

  2. oh Jo – you said “goodness knows I need something to keep me on track” – – get real, girl ! You maintain a business, keep a home, and publish patterns and organize donation quilts… you are ON TRACK , CHUGGING DOWN THE TRACK, …. you are, as they say, “COOKIN WITH GAS”…. cut yourself some slack now and then and just breathe. You should be so proud of all you get done …. bravo.

  3. So sorry you were ill over the weekend, but glad you were able to grt some much needed rest.
    Take care and feel better.

  4. Your UFO reports are keeping me accountable also! It is fun to see your progress. I need to do some sewing on step 2 and all of step 4. I started pulling scraps and before I knew it the whole weekend was spent sorting, pressing and cutting. . .I am making a concentrated effort in 2017 to USE out of the system and process more of the backlog of scraps. Hoping to have an Easy Street top by Wednesday, blocks finished over the weekend.

  5. So sorry you were sick! But in spite of that, you are finished with your En Provence. You are amazing! I just barely finished clue one, and have the neutral triangles cut out for clue 2 and 3.

  6. I’m impressed that you finished the clue this weekend after being so sick! I’m generally down for a couple of days when that happens. Your quilts look beautiful!

  7. Looks like you got more done than I did. I caught a bug from the grandkids after Thanksgiving and was sick for 11 days. And, believe me, I slept. Still on the mend and its now Dec. 19th. It was a bad bug! Glad your better. As any teacher, childcare worker, or health professional will tell you, kids are walking germs.

  8. I am totally with you. After my day got going at school, I got sicker and sicker. My stomach and back ached. I went home at lunch and did the same thing: sleep for several hours. And to bed early sleeping close to 12 hours. Stomach slowly recovering.

  9. Sorry to hear you were feeling bad. Sleep was exactly what your body was telling you and you listened. Yup, kids are little germ factories. Good that you have a fill-in care giver. Glad you’re bouncing back.

  10. Awwww, so sorry you were sick. It sucks.
    Happy to read you’re better and going again. I hope you get to have your family Christmas soon. Whether on the actual day or not…I know you enjoy having your kids home.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top