I’ve mostly been concentrating on one project over the last week. I’ve been trying to all summer and it just hasn’t happened.
I think the reason it finally did assembled them together is that all the components to these blocks were finished and I could get to them! These blocks take a bit of work to get them together but I am totally in love with them. I think this quilt is going to be a stunner.
Hubby even came in and said he was impressed with how they are looking. That doesn’t happen often. In his defense I make so many quilts so it’s hard to get excited.
I am really eager to get them sewn together. I, of course, am making mine bigger (don’t I always?) I didn’t take time to calculate how many more units I would need for the outside border being it was going to be bigger. I simply sewed. Once I got these blocks all finished I could see that I was going to be very short on units to complete the outside. So I started in on making more four patch units for the border. If you follow me on Instagram you likely saw this picture.
Next up, these blocks are going to get sewn together. I already have two rows sewn together so my hope is that by Wednesday when you read my UFO report, you’ll see at least the center of this quilt finished.
I am putting these four patches together as I’m sewing the blocks together using them as my leader and ender.
I’m hoping I can keep going and get the entire quilt top together. Stop by on Wednesday and see how I’m doing.
To see what others are working on check out Patchwork Times.