I’ve been scattered between several projects lately. I’ve been doing the UFO challenge things, my embroidery, and I’ve been working on a few other things too. One of the things is this….
When you last saw this it was small. A blog reader had sent some center pieces that were cut out but not sewn. I wrote about it here. I cut out scrappy background fabrics and started sewing.
Originally I had planned to only sew the pieces that the blog reader had sent…but they left me with an awkward size…this. Too big for a baby quilt and not big enough for a twin.
I ended up cutting and piecing lots more blocks and that’s how it got to be as big as it is now….It’s a simple quilt. Really simple but I like it. This one is going to be a Birthday or Christmas present for one of my childcare kiddos. She’s a freak about pink so I think she’ll like it.
Right now the quilt is 76″ x 90″. It’s big enough for a twin. I have debated about adding a border but I’m kind of thinking no border with a deep pink binding. Any suggestions? What do you think?
I’ve also been working on my embroidery challenge dish towel. I don’t have lots more done but it’s progress. I had wanted to sew the chicken ones but then ran into a problem. The red thread I bought was too dark. It looked awful with the red stripe on the dish towel. I didn’t have a better color so started back to work on the Sun Bonnet Sue towel.
I’m glad I picked this up again. It’s been so hot here lately. We’ve actually done nothing and watched television a night or two. This has been a good project for me to work on.
I’m working on my UFO challenge too but you’ll have to stop by on Wednesday to see what I’m doing with that.
To see what others are working on check out Patchwork Times.
Also check out our auction to sell two hand stitched vintage quilt tops here.