I spent a good chunk of time working on some new quilt designs and submitting a few of them last week. I also worked on cleaning my sewing room. I’m sad to say it’s not completely how I want it but it’s getting better and better.
In my adventures in cleaning I managed to find a box of bonus triangles.
They are left overs from this quilt that we had featured in Quiltmaker’s 100 blocks Volume #8. I started playing around with the bonus triangles trimming and sewing and before long I had some grouped up as shown in the photo above.
I have a plan for them now…I am coupling them with some 1 1/2″ strips. I don’t have any blocks finished yet but they are going to be small…just 4″ x 4″ finished. Most of my recent sewing has been done with bigger blocks so this is a treat.
Part of what took me so long last week “cleaning” was that I decided to make these strip sets….well one thing lead to another and before long I was cleaning out my Civil War fabric stash cutting anything that was smaller than a fat quarter into strips. Many of the strips I cut were 1 1/2″ wide so I could make these strip sets.
Then I got side tracked more and started sewing the strips together. Before long I had 170 made. That’s easy to do when I stagger the pressed strips and cut four sets at once.
Then Hubby came in and that’s when I remembered I was suppose to be cleaning and worse than that…I didn’t start supper. Oh well. Luckily he’s the kind of guy who is completely understanding and doesn’t mind breakfast for supper.
..and that’s what I was working on last week. This week..as of today I have a deadline quilt that MUST be at the post office before it closes…I am pushing the deadline a little tight..AGAIN.
Today I am hooking up with Patchwork Times.