I managed to get the next clue done…..Only problem, I am COMPLETELY out of cheddar and yellow.
I have no idea if we are going to need some more of either color so just in case, I did a little on line shopping about bought a few half yard cuts of a couple different prints. I have lots of blue extras so I am hoping that we get back to the color blue soon.
If you look at the photo you’ll notice I sewed the chevrons together wrong. I had shown them in a different blog post and got this note from Barbara, “Jo, I did the same thing with my chevrons that you did – sewed them backward. I emailed Bonnie because, like you, I didn’t want to unsew all those pieces if they were going to work in a border. Bonnie replied that I had to redo them because they are part of the block. It didn’t take long and kind of became addicting. It’s good tv watching work.” UGH. Well, I guess sometime this week I’ll try to do a little correction on that.
It’s been busy here this week so I was happy that we had an easy clue.
I have a LARGE stack of quilts waiting for the quilting machine. I haven’t gotten to any of them as we’ve had company. Luckily some of my company like to sew so I’ve been able to get some sewing time in. This is what I accomplished…or didn’t accomplish. Look to the lower right, I have a BIG block turned the wrong way. UGH.
It’s a baby quilt. I only have a few bits and pieces of fabric left. I am hoping that once I get the block turned I can piece in another row or two along the left with the scraps that I have left over. The whole project is meant to be off center…we’ll see what happens with it.
Check out my post about advancements in education here.