Kelli was home on Friday wanting help from Kalissa and I on doing some of the wedding things. One of the things that was the most fun and easiest was making a menu display.
We went on the computer and using Word designed a menu. Then we took a piece of burlap and a piece of Steam a Seam 2 and cut them the size of a piece of paper.
I pulled the top layer off the Steam a Seam and pressed it onto the burlap. Then ironed it. It made the burlap stiff.
Out it popped with the menu imprinted on the burlap.
Next step-Kelli has to go to town and pick up a black picture frame. Then it will need to be trimmed to size.
It’s nothing fancy but will look nice at the serving line. I know I always like to know the menu.
The first one we did we didn’t use a very bold font. We changed that second time. I think we are going to make a couple more signs for decor yet too…nothing like last minute plans and ideas.
This was VERY simple and cheap. I think I’ll be making something using this technique for a present for some of the wedding showers I’ll have coming up this year.