I stayed working on my Fair and Square quilt. I think after seeing a few of the blocks together last week and figuring out I can trim them to size and it wasn’t hard, I got the courage I needed to march on…and march I did.
All of the blocks are sewn….and about half are trimmed.
Trimming was an easy task for me to manage during nap time. I do it at the kitchen island and can see into the rooms where the kiddos are all sleeping so it’s a perfect task for nap time. Here’s the last one I trimmed.
I did take quite a bit off each block leaving them at 14 1/2″ x 14 1/2″. Remember…I am constructing mine differently as I hate layouts that are set on point.
Over the course of the four days, I trimmed and the blocks and they are ready to be sewn into a quilt top. Happily I already have the border done. I am anticipating a delay though…. I used a dark fabric to frame the blocks. I think at one point I planned to use that fabric for the inner border BUT it’s been so long since I worked on this that I think I’ve used up the rest of the fabric. It’s not the end of the world. There is another fabric that will work…but, I’m going to have to audition fabrics and dig through the stash to find what I need. That part isn’t hard for me….it’s making the decision that is hard.
I’m hoping next week I have the center together. I have other projects that need attention too but with this being only a 36 block quilt, I think it should go rather quickly.
You can find me back here next week with the next installment of the UFO progress report.