It happened. The Zuckerwatte quilts came to a finish…well not a finish-finish…I have the tops finished though…see?
Remember I was making two of them so as proof both are equally as far along here’s a quick picture with them both. Poor Ruby was so confused. I’ve never laid out two quilts at the same time before. She didn’t know where to sit…HA!!
I have to get backing together for these two tops and then onto the quilting frame they will go…The original pattern calls for a scalloped border and that’s my plan but I’m told that it’s best to scallop them after the machine quilting but in the meantime, I started on my next UFO. Any guesses on which one? This one…Rectangle Wrangle. You can find the pattern in Bonnie Hunter’s book Scraps and Shirttails II.
When I last left this project it was this far along.
It needed a whole bunch of Ohio Stars for around the border. A couple of weeks ago I anticipated getting to this point and had cut out all the little stars over nap time. It took me a whole week to get them cut out, as I can only grab a few minutes of time each day. It was finally time to start sewing them. I got the first one finished.
And I started a few more. I love sewing these little cuties.
If I remember right I’ll need 56 all together. That should keep me busy for a bit.
You can find me back here next week working on my UFOs. If I’m honest, I’d rather work on my UFOs than my current projects. I have no idea when that change came about. I used to hate picking up and revisiting previously started projects.