I’m doing pretty good squeezing bits of time here and there. It’s not amazing progress but progress none-the-less.
Last week I left you at the point that I had all of the neutrals and all of the brown pieces sewn and trimmed. This week, the pieces are sewn together and ironed. Of course, that didn’t happen without a hitch.
I was happily sewing along and realized I was about six block short. I didn’t have enough neutral pieces. UGH. I hate when that happens…but somehow I vaguely remember sewing three neutral string pieced blocks. Hmmm…where could they be. Part of was tempted to not look and simply sew three more but then the other part of me wanted to check it I had imagined it or not.
I figured if I had sewn them, they would likely be in the laundry room downstairs. I put things there that I think I might get to during nap time…and sure enough, after a little digging, I found them.
Then the three got de-papered, trimmed and sewn to the remaining brown pieces.
Here they all are..sewn and ready for the next step.
Hopefully next week I’ll have these all together and sewn into the bigger blocks. I’m so excited. I’ve loved this quilt for a long time and can’t wait to see it come together.
I’ll see you right back here next Wednesday….Hopefully these will be big blocks by then!