If you remember, last time I left you on our house saga Iowa was getting LOTS and LOTS of rain and our plans to get the back 1/3 taken off the house were on hold. Originally we were supposed to do this Thursday-then Friday-then Saturday- then we figured we’d have to wait until next week…NOT. We got a call wondering if we were willing to do it on Sunday. SURE. Whatever we can do to get this whole process moving along, we’re going to do.
We were supposed to meet at 10 am. By 10:30 still no excavator. UGH. We figured something held him up again. We knew rain was coming so we wanted to get going. Then about 10:40 he showed up.
The plan was to dig a big hole in the yard, throw the pieces of the addition into the hole an burn it. Luckily in our area we are allowed to burn-even in town. Without that option we’d have had lots more cost into a dumpster.
From there it was time to start on the house. He started with the corner but it didn’t tumble in so he worked to weaken the house.
As the process happened it got darker and darker and you guessed it…it started down pouring. The yard is now a mud hole. I don’t mind or care. The wood part of the house is off and hopefully by the Fourth of July-if we can avoid the rain-, I just might have a basement.
Right now keep your fingers crossed that the carpenters can get here and get a protective wall built so the good part of the house isn’t exposed to yet more rain forecasted for the week.
I keep telling myself one step at a time.