My report is really boring this week….Nothing in…Nothing out. So I’ll just tell you my yesterday sewing happenings instead.
I was sewing with my Bernina and ran out of bobbin thread. I filled two bobbins. I put one in the machine and left the other one on the spindle at the top of the machine. A short time later, my machine just quit working…that’s when I noticed this…
The thread end had wrapped around the wheel. I started unwrapping it and that’s when the thread broke…UGH!! I decided to wait to see if hubby could take it apart enough to get the thread off.
(Yes, hubby banged his head up.) He couldn’t fix it. He said the machine needs to go to the shop. I haven’t had it in for over five years so it’s time for a cleaning anyway.
So it was Betty, my featherweight, to the rescue. Ila, a blog reader, had sent me a quarter inch foot for it some time ago…I had tested it, and visitors had used it lots but I hadn’t used it lots yet. Well today, I sewed with it lots and lots. If you’re like me, you have lots of things to make for Christmas and NEED a sewing machine. I was SO thankful for the machine and the new foot Ila sent, made it SO much more enjoyable. THANKS Ila….
and thanks for Hubby for purchasing the machine for me. Look close. I am sewing more Perkiomen Daydreams blocks. I am still loving that quilt!
Oh and back to the stash report…Here are the official numbers.
Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 205.5 yards
Added this Week: 9 yards
Added Year to Date: 179 yards
Gifted: 81 yards
Net Used for 2011: 26.5 Yards of store bought fabric…9.5 yards of recycled fabric….81yards gifted.
…and to see more stash reports, head on over to Patchwork Times.