I touched a sewing machine this week. I really happened! I had made a goal that I wouldn’t touch a machine until I got through the ENTIRE sewing room….and I haven’t gotten through the whole thing so…I hadn’t touched machine. But then I decided although a good idea in practice to stick to the goal of getting the sewing room entirely gone through, it’s not a good practice for my sanity.
So I worked more on my Churn Dash Shirt quilt.
It’s bigger now. I’m starting to think of border ideas…or maybe no borders. Thoughts?
Ruby’s thought was that this is a finished quilt and she MUST pose on it!!
I’ve had questions again on how to make the blocks. Here is the link to the instructions. I am adding the link to the right side bar where we have free patterns. We’ll keep it there in case you are ever looking for it, you can easily find it.
I have a small amount of progress on my string blocks for my Daylilies quilt. Check it out.
I ripped papers from the blocks that were finished.
I squared them up and cut on the diagonal to get all the setting blocks.
Then I fired up the treadle and made nine more blocks. Not a lot but PROGRESS! ..but progress. I need 48 blocks total…that’s do-able. I’m so happy as one of my 2018 goals was to sew a quilt on the treadle. I’m likely not going to do a whole quilt yet but I am determined that the string blocks for this quilt will be done on the treadle.
I am super happy to report that every time I get the treadle out and sew, it gets easier and easier. The bobbin winding still takes some thinking but I am doing so much better.
Find me back here next week. I’m hoping for a little more progress…just a little is fine.