Oh I wish I were able to report that I have fabric out but, alas, I don’t. Trust me, I have been sewing. I have been sewing like a mad woman but being I don’t don’t count fabric out until the last stitch of the binding is finished, there is nothing to report. I can show you this….
The borders are FINALLY all on my Pineapple Blossom quilt. It needs a backing to be pieced together and off to the quilt machine it is going.
I do have a little issue with this quilt though….I have measured and measured and read and re-read all of the directions. I have looked and compared my quilt with the original pattern here but I can not figure out why my quilt is larger than the original. It’s a Bonnie Hunter pattern that I started when my daughter Kelli and I went to see Bonnie in Storm Lake, Iowa, this summer. Her quilt is 76.5″ x 76.5″. It is in a 6 x 6 layout. I used two inch strips to make mine. My inner light colored border is 2.75″ wide and the outer border is 5″ wide….My quilt is 87.5″ x 87.5″. I can’t figure out how my quilt can be 11″ wider than the original. Here’s a link to the original quilt.
If one of you quilting sleuths are out there and can figure this out, PLEASE let me know how it happened. I would love to know…
Back to the stash report….
Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 180.5 yards
Added this Week: 5….a gift from Vic.
Added Year to Date: 163.5 yards
Gifted: 81 yards
Net Used for 2011: 17 Yards of store bought fabric…9.5 yards of recycled fabric….81yards gifted.