I added to my stash this week. Not a lot but an addition none the less.
Here’s two half yard cuts and four quarter yard cuts. I am a bit frustrated as I wouldn’t have purchased the bottom two pieces had I known. In fact I probably wouldn’t have purchased any of it because it’s those bottom two pieces that got me into the store.
I have been FIGHTING my UFO project. (check out more about it here) After planning and checking the pattern and reading and rereading the directions, I thought I needed another half yard of fabric. I was going to town and decided I better just grab it when I was there so I didn’t have to make a special trip back for it.
Yesterday my friend came over and wanted to sew for the day so I decided to work on the UFO. Well….guess what? The pattern was WAY off in the measurements. After cutting yesterday….I have determined that I don’t need any fabric for binding. I ended up have a half yard left over from the original fabric. I ended up not needing the binding fabric. I had over 3/4 of a yard left over of that! The pattern instructions were off by as much as 1 yard of fabric. UGH! As I said before, I am not impressed with these pattern instruction at all. I can TOTALLY understand that a pattern designer add a quarter of a yard to what is needed for the pattern but in this case….honestly it’s a half yard and even a yard over the measurements that are actually needed!
O for this week…
Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 34 yards
Added this Week: 2 yards
Added Year to Date: 18yards
Net Used for 2011: 16 Yards…Wo-who!
Next week I am hoping for fabric out….I finished the top of my Roll, Roll Cotton Ball quilt and I think I’ll get my UFO top together too…All the pieces are sewn. All that’s left is assembly.
Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.