Some time ago one of my blog readers, Mary Borer, sent me some quilt tops to machine quilt and use for charity projects. SLOWLY, I’ve been working on them. I have found if I have a top and backing ready I get to them faster so last week my goal was to get another one matched up with a backing and ready to get quilted.
She told me to do whatever I wanted or needed to do to her projects to make them usable. The bow tie design was cute as is but I thought the quilt needed a border. It would have been fine without one but a good border might unify the colors a little more. I looked and looked and looked through my stash and came up with nothing so I set it aside.
Then a day or so later not one but TWO boxes of fabric came to me from a blog reader, Judy Fitzgerald. As soon as I saw that printed fabric in the bottom of the photo I knew I wanted to give it a try. There are blues, pinks, purples and green in the print.
It turned out great!! It looks much better in person than the photo…I can’t wait to get this on the quilting frame. I have a few other projects in line first but it’s a completed top and I have a backing too.
THANKS so much for sharing you time, talent and resources ladies. We’ll find a good cause for this to go to.
Now for my stash report…2 boxes-yes boxes from Judy came in…going out. I just have the binding and backing fabric for this baby quilt.
Used this Week: 1.5 yards store bought
Used year to Date: 162.5 yards store bought + 48.5 Moda fabric + 51.5 yards of recycled fabric…
To see more stash reports, check out Patchwork Times.