My life since Clue #3 was announced has been the craziest last days of my life. I really don’t want to get behind so Saturday I stole 15 minutes from my crazy life and started cutting out Clue #3. This is the picture I showed you on Monday.
Monday morning Ruby had me up and out of bed at 6am which is a bit earlier than I usually get up so I started sewing thinking here was an opportunity to sew for a half hour. So off to the races I went trying to make the very most of the little time I had. Petal to the metal I sewed and sewed and sewed. I almost had all the strip sets together that had the black in them. As I was sewing I though wow…I really don’t have much variety for black….
Then I thought it’s really neat how each week we are sewing with a different color combo. The first week it was yellow, teal, pink and brown. Then last week it was neutral, pink and brown…now this week it’s new colors green, neutral and black…WHAT??? What was I doing??
In my hurry to squeeze in some cutting time on Saturday I didn’t take time to think! I am not putting black in my quilt. WHAT am I doing sewing black into it now?? That black is suppose to be brown. UGH.
I caught it early enough that is really wasn’t completely tragic…just a set back. I am back to sewing the strips the right way. It only sucked up 15 minutes with the seam ripper so all is well.
I did sew long enough so I had two blocks done….I am not really that far but I skipped ahead to make sure that I was doing them right.
I have to say that I am appreciating the mystery. I am not getting relaxing sewing time in but I am getting sewing time in. Right now, with all that is going on, I am just happy to have that.
So it looks like I have only two days to get the other 118 units sewn…I think I can…or at least I’ll be close to finished. I sure am glad I caught this error!