I a quilt finish to share with you today. If you read my Monday blog post about what I was working on, then you probably guessed I finished the Leftover Triangle quilt. You would be right!!
It’s not a big quilt…a baby quilt actually. It’s only 48″ x 48″. I had said in the video I made about this quilt that I would make it as big as the pieces allowed. In the end, I was two blocks short so I dug around and found a few strips of fabric that I cut into triangles to finish it out.
I ended up liking this one…it’s random and wonky but I’m a random and wonky gal.
Here are a few pictures from when I was working on it. I did a big flower over the red diamonds and the rest was just a stipple motif.
In the middle picture you can see the sheet I had in my stash that I used for the backing.
Wasn’t it perfect?? I sure loved it.
I did a little debate about what color to do the binding. I thought green for a bit but then the red said, “Pick me, pick me!”…and being red is my favorite color, I listened.
My mom had made several baby quilts before she passed away and they were there at the house. We later gave them out to grandkids that were born. Part of me wants to do that. No, I have no plans of dying soon but I might make a few more smaller quilts and just have them around here.
I like having a few around anyway…then I always have one if I need one.
The red diamonds are just sprinkled in randomly. I didn’t lay the quilt out first, I just grabbed a block and sewed it in a row.
I was hoping you might see in the photo that the triangles are different-sized and that you might be able to see the quilting.
These are the five blocks that make up the quilt. The four different ones on the right might look the same for the diamond oriented differently in each one.
If you are curious about how I made the quilt and want to check out the video, I’ll add it here…Just push the red triangle play button to watch the video here or you can go to Youtube HERE, save it and watch it later on your television of device.
This sheet has been hanging around in my stash for a bit so I was glad to use it. I love that the greens match.
Maybe you can see the quilting better on the backside…
When this was a flimsy, I wasn’t in love with it. The quilting and red binding were just what it needed. Now I really like it.
MANY thanks to the blog reader who originally sent me this fabric. I had LOTS of fun with it.
If you are a frugal quilter, you might want to give this quilt a try. I used muslin as the background…I used a sheet as the backing…I used tiny triangles that were clipped off that most people would throw away. It turned out to be a cute quilt with very little expense.
If you are not someone who uses a companion angle ruler (that’s how I got my triangles) but you are a person who sews binding strips together on the diagonal, start saving those triangle pieces and before you know it, you’ll have enough to make a quilt like this!
Of course…there must be a picture with the dogs. Here they are!!
Izzy looks like a shaggy girl. She went to the groomer on Thursday so she’s looking better now. I took this picture before she had gone.
Hope you all enjoyed seeing my latest finish. It was so fun to make…it’s a totally stress free quilt!