I told you that I was working on cleaning and reorganizing the closet of the quilting room. The batting scraps were everywhere. I decided that enough was enough and those scraps were going to get tackled. Of course I forgot to take a picture (rather truth be told…my phone was buried under stuff I was moving around and I couldn’t find it and was too lazy to go downstairs and get a real camera.)
I decided I would only put charity quilts on the frame until all the batting scraps were used. (I do play lots of games like this with myself..weird I know) showed two quilts on Thursday that were done with only scraps. At the time I thought I would likely be able to do two more quilts using only scrap batting.
This one was an easy pick. It was a baby quilt. The scraps for this all came from Ila.
Next up was this beauty….
It’s lap sized and really pretty.
Believe it or not I was wrong about the scrap though. I had enough to do yet another quilt. It’s a Christmas that was recently sent to me…I forgot to get a picture of it. It’s likely single sized.
That left my batting scraps FINALLY under control. I can’t do another quilt with them and that made me happy.
Next up my plan is to use up all of the prepackaged batting. Now days my batting comes in by the bolt so I don’t need pre-packaged batting unless it’s a real specialty project like like black batting. For the most part I use Hobbs 80/20 and Warm and Natural. That’s enough for me at this point…. I wrote a blog post a bit ago explaining what batting I use. You can find that here.
If I can get all the batting used up, that will free up an entire shelf in the quilting closet. I’m killing two birds with one stone. I am working on my tidying project and I’m getting more charity quilt tops done. That makes me happy on two levels. So that’s the new goal….quilt enough charity tops to clean off the pre-packaged batting shelf. That’s do-able.
Keep posted to see if I can accomplish that goal. Please tell me I’m not the only one who
plays little games makes goals with themselves.