I was at our local thrift store and saw a bag of bobbins. I wasn’t sure if I should get them as I didn’t know if they would fit my machine…then I remembered, our “collection” of sewing machines. The bobbins were bound to fit one of the machines. A $1.50 for a bag of pre-wound bobbins, how could I go wrong.
I tested them and they work in my machine. I got all of these PLUS four that weren’t wound! Great deal right!!
Something else about the bobbins…the thread was almost “tied” to the bobbin…The threads weren’t hanging and getting tangled like mine usually do. (I wasn’t going to show this picture because I just re-potted a couple plants and my fingernails are awful but if I don’t show it, you’ll never understand what I’m talking about…so here it is)
My daughter Kayla was home and she said that she does something similar with her bobbins. She winds the thread over her finger and around the bobbin…
Then she loops the end through the opening.
Then pull the thread.
To get the thread loose is no big deal. Just run a needle under the caught thread and it comes loose.
I don’t know what’s more valuable, the tip from Kayla or the bobbins….