I’ve had a busy week but I managed to get the quilt off the frame and get it bound. Here it is….
I am happy with it.
This all started kind of impromptu. I had left overs from the quilts I’ve recently finish and rather than put them in the orphan block basket I decided to try to see if I could use them up….
There are pieces from my Hourglass quilt. I actually had to make four more blocks. Find that quilt HERE.
There are pieces for my Wild Child quilt. Find that HERE.
There are pieces for my Jewel Box quilt top. It’s yet to be finished. I had to make four more half square triangles. This is just a top but… you can read about it HERE.
There are piece from both of my Geese on a String quilts. The purple version is HERE.
The pink version is HERE.
I think it’s so fun that this came from all of the leftovers. I used up all of the purple and pink solid fabric from the Geese on a String quilts too.
I love this shade of purple and was thrilled that there was enough for the binding.
I used a polka for the backing. I think it’s perfect for it!
I think if I make more bright colored quilts I am purposely going to make a few extra units and bundle them up together so when the need comes to make a baby quilt, I can make another row quilt. It was fun and made the making really quick.
Here it is in a roll, all that’s left to do is walk across the street and deliver it.
If you are interested in knowing more about the quilts that the extra blocks came from, follow the links. The pattern names along with more pictures can be found by following the links.