I did it….it’s done. Well at least the top is done. It’s my double wedding ring quilt that I’ve been making for Kelli’s wedding.
I ended up with it being 92″ x 92″. That’s a nice size and Kelli doesn’t care if it’s square so I’m calling it good. When I started I had no idea how many blocks I needed or how much fabric I needed as I was adjusting a small pattern. I can say that I have quite a few pieces left over so as a leader and ender, I just might start on a second one. I have no intention of making it quickly. I just can’t throw the pieces away and they are already cut out.
See there are just too many scraps to trash. I think I had the fabric doubled when I was cutting and didn’t realize how much I was cutting.
Next up…get this quilt top ironed, a back pieced and loaded into the quilt machine. It’s such a relief to know I will likely make this deadline and have the quilt done on time for Kelli’s March 15th wedding.