Recently one of the moms that I provided childcare for contacted me and asked me to help her out. Both of her kids were having trouble with their coats. The zipper was always getting stuck in the fabric along the zipper. She wanted to know if I could fix that. I offered to try and this is what I came up with.
Here’s the coat.
That fabric that lays over the zipper was getting caught. I started by pinning the fabric back.
I put the coat in the machine and sewed it down. Then I did the other side.
This is how it looks now…It looks a bit different, but if the fabric isn’t getting caught the difference is TOTALLY worth it!
I “fixed” three coats in a half hour. The majority of that time was spent getting the zippers unstuck! I wish I would have thought of this when my kiddos were little.
I wish you would have thought of that when MY kids were little. :)
You continuously amaze and motivate me. I don’t know where you find the time, energy and patience woman, but you are a hero.