For the last four weeks the eternal question around our house has been….how many meatballs do I make? Each time one of our kiddos graduate, they get a HUGE say in choosing the menu. I sometimes suggest. I sometimes give options but in the end, the kids choose most of the menu. Karl chose meatballs.
He didn’t choose the mock ham meatballs I make. He didn’t choose the BBQ meatballs I make. He chose the White Gravy Meatballs.
But the question remains….how many? Earlier in the week, I made a batch. Each batch uses three pounds of hamburger and a batch makes about 50 meatballs. That part of the figuring is easy….the hard part….how many meatballs do I make per person keeping in mind these things.
1. Some people have more than one party to go to and won’t eat.
2. Last time we had a graduation, I had people say, we are eating here because we know you are a great cook.
3. Hubby’s family and my family both live a distance away and will be eating a supper amount of food.
4. I have a full menu of other food as well…homemade buns, green bean casserole, baked potatoes, carrots and dip, two salads and homemade cake.
5. Lots of high school kids come to the party and they typically don’t eat a lot….or they do eat a lot. It depends on the day.
6. We are expecting about 150 people…more are invited but we are working the guess-ti-mate of 150.
7. 3 pounds of hamburger made 50 meatballs.
So any guesses on how many I need? Leave a comment and let me know. I’ll come up with a prize for whoever guess the closest to how many I needed.
I’ll let you know the results of the whole meatball catering mess I got myself into on Tuesday…I’ll give you the recipe then too.