I finished up the charity quilt that I was working on. I was a fun one.
Here’s the picture I showed you earlier of when I was working on it. Each block of the quilt has it’s own quilting design. I repeated a few but many are different.
This quilt was made by Brenna and sent on to me to quilt and donate to a good cause. I know said before that it was a fun one to work on…but it truly was. Sometimes machine quilting a bit quilt and doing the same design over and over in a little boring. Sometimes custom quilting quilts is was to time consuming but this was a perfect blend. I’ll definitely do it again.
Here’s the backing. It’s pretty wild but actually works well with the front.
The backing fabric was donated by the girls of at Forest Mills Quilt Shop. It was on their clearance rack and didn’t sell so they moved it on for a good cause. Initially I thought we would be pressed to find a quilt for it to work with but this one sure did. Another fun thing to note is that with this quilt I cleared out all my mismatched bobbin thread. I had some in navy-some in charcoal and some in variegated navy. I used them all up and honestly, you can’t tell the difference as the back is so busy!!
A big shout out and thanks to Brenna for the quilt top and to the gals at Forest Mills Quilt Shop. Without all of you, these charity quilts couldn’t happen!!