I always read The Frugal Girl’s blog. She was encouraging us all to tell five frugal things we did this week.
1) I patched pants. UGH! Even though I hate it, I did it. I patched two for Hubby and two for Buck when he came home.
2) I hit up the thrift store when I was in Decorah. It was deal day-buy one shirt and get a second shirt free. I got a shirt for $2 to wear to Kalissa’s bridal shower. I got another shirt that I’ll wear for childcare. This also saved money by my not having to make a special trip to a bigger city to find something to wear.
3) We didn’t spend anything for entertainment this weekend. We went to friends on Friday night, Saturday night too and to Kalissa’s on Sunday night. I brought two things to each event to share but didn’t spend money on anything fancy to bring. Making deviled eggs and rice pudding are both dirt cheap.
4) I have to take continuing education classes for childcare. Most cost a little bit of money. I applied for a scholarship to take an on line class and I got it. I’ll get 15 hours in for free. Typically 15 hours would cost around $100. It’s a class I’m interested in so it’s a win-win.
5) I was once told that by keeping up with book work and keeping accurate book work a person can make more money that their actual hourly wage. All my book work is up to date.
Sometimes I forget all the things I do that really do save us money…I’m glad I learned many of these early on and also am glad that I have continued on with these money saving ideas.
I’d love to add some more money saving ideas to my list… please share your ideas in the comment section.