I’m a little late on working on these and having them for my dough bowl…but I did it early in the week so I was at least able to enjoy them for a few days.
These are the two pieces I had stitched but needed to finish.
This one is a Lizzie Kate pattern. I stitched this a couple of years ago. I know that because the linen is likely 30 count and I stitched them two threads of floss over two threads of linen. I don’t do that anymore.
Many of the cross stitchers when they finish their small pieces into pillows, add trim or rickrack around the edge. I like the look but I get a little afraid of doing all of mine like that. It also adds expense to finishing but the biggest deterrent for me is I’m afraid it might “date” the pieces.
For this one I sewed on a narrow strip of fabric, then two wider ones on each side…then I dug into the button box and added some buttons. I’m super happy with this finish.
Simple but cute.
Here it is in the dough bowl…
The other one I worked on was a recent finish. This is Autumn by the Stitcherhood. You can find the free pattern HERE.
The original design was like this…
I changed up the colors so the letters and pumpkin stems were brown. I also changed out the bird to a bird from my Anniversaries of the Heart project. I just liked the bird better. I also varied the colors of the pumpkins using three different oranges.
Here are the colors I used.
This one I put a piece of fabric on the bottom and then added the brown bow. I’m super happy with this one too.
This was stitched on a scrap of Vintage Country Mocha. When I stitch samplers I always save the extra narrow strips and used them for projects like this. This was 40 count fabric. I love it as it’s so cute and small.
I’m super excited to have added to my fall decor this year. I did these two and I did the redo on the little stitches from the thrift store, these that I already told you about.
I’m super happy with the progress I made having a couple more little pieces for my fall decoration. Hopefully next year at this time I will have added a couple more.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, I’ll need to come up with a couple of Christmas pieces…but first I have to find some patterns. I’m hoping to find a couple of freebies to cut down on my stitching costs.
Enough of that…onto what I stitched this week…
I worked on Heaven and Nature. I’m super pleased with how far I got. I was stitching on Tuesday night and was working on the do-dads at the top of the house. I put the last stitch in, picked it up, and looked at it, and realized that the heart is one stitch to the right. Darn it.
I pulled it out and restitched it. Much better.
My goal was to get the flowers to the left of the house finished, the quilt blocks to the left, and the chimneys and do-dads on top of the house. Here’s how I did…
This week the goal is to tackle the roof and fill in the windows. Then drop down and start some work on the rest of it. Maybe get a bit done on that row of flowers under the house?? You can see I have one flower done. I need to stitch these all the way across.
I am loving this piece and am so happy with myself for sticking with it. Although it will say “Let Heaven and Nature Sing”, and will have the two Christmas trees on it, I still plan to keep it out all year. It’s too pretty to only be out for one month every year. If I ever get a bunch of samplers done, I’ll trade samplers in and out but will keep the “out of season” ones in the hallway upstairs. Wouldn’t that be great if I ever could??
I didn’t get a lot of stitching time this week so I’m hoping to get more done this week. I really think I could get this finished by Christmas. Wouldn’t that be great??
I can’t remember if I told you or not but I ordered a frame for it when I ordered my frame for Anniversaries of the Heart from The Stitchery Nook. I’m hoping to have it stitched by the time they contact me and let me know that Anniversaries of the Heart is finished. That way when I take one up, I can drop the other off. That would be perfect!!
I picked up a small piece to work on when I sit with the childcare kiddos as they fall asleep. This is a freebie from Primitive Hare. You can find it HERE. It says, “Merry Primitive Christmas”. I wasn’t especially fond of the word “primitive” in it so I am changing it up. I stitched the letters…
Then I pulled my Ulitmate Sampler Motifs Source Book and found a basket of flowers that I like. I was going to stitch a tree but decided to go with flowers instead. I will stitch that where my finger is and will add in do-dad snowflakes around.
I’m hoping to stitch this one up soonish and then make it into a pillow for the dough bowl. I’m so please with the ones I did for fall that I’d love to have two for Christmas. So..I’ll work towards that as time allows.
…and that friends, is my cross stitch update.