This week was fun in my stitching. I went down and met my daughter Kayla one day and we had a stitchy hour or two together. Other than that, I didn’t have a lot of stitching time. I did make a little progress though.
My goal for the week was to finish the stitching on the house for my Pet All the Dogs piece by Teresa Kogut. I am stitching this on 40 count Boston linen from Seraphim fabrics with the called-for colors.
I am happy to say, I met my goal. The house is finished!!
This is a project that is just happening little by little by little. I want to get it finished so each week I am going to make little goals to help make that happen. It will likely only be stitching on it once a week…but I’m determined to not put the project away until it’s finished.
It’s a wonderful project that I really love.
As part of Colorado Cross Stitcher’s Winter Camp, I am stitching The Rabbit and Rose from With Thy Needle and Thread. I am using called for linen which is As Thyme Goes By by Seraphim, I think. I am using the called for colors. Here is where I was last week. I just had a few stitches in the basket. Just enough to say I started it.
I picked it up to stitch on it again and was so disappointed. Here is where I was…
When I picked it up, I realized that I used the wrong color for the basket. I used the color of the bunny for the basket. I pulled the color was supposed to use for the basket. It’s the one on the left. I didn’t think it would show up on the linen so I pulled a thread and stitched a few stitches. Can you see them in the linen near the needle? I’m having trouble seeing them. SO>>>I’m back to square one. I’ll need to start this over on a different linen. Hopefully, I can do that this week.
When I bought the linen, I ordered it online. I didn’t see it in person. It sure isn’t the color shown on the pattern front even though it is the called for linen. UGH. I think I’m done with purchasing called for linens and will just pick my own. I’ve been burned too many times for doing that. I’m sure I’ll use the linen for a different piece but it won’t be this one…and yes, I could change the floss color but at this point, I’d rather change the linen color. Hopefully I can do that this week.
Our stitch along is from Heartstring Samplery, Kind Words Never Die. I am loving this one. Here is where I was last week.
I decided to go ahead and finish this. I know several of you who are stitching along would like to see me finish this on the frame I bought from Dollar General. I plan to do a picture tutorial here on the blog.
I do want to note that I changed the color for the words. It called for Weeks Dye Works Mascara. I traded and used DMC 3371. The called for color is black and the other is dark brown. I think the brown is warmer.
I hope to fully finish this next week. I have the supplies gathered so I just need the time.
I also worked on Though He Seemeth Sleeping by Lucy Beam. I am stitching this on 40-count linen called Sleeping Bear from Needle and Flax. I LOVE this linen. Love the color and love everything about it. I am stitching this one while I’m doing my cancer treatment.
I started it on my birthday but then set it aside for now when I’m taking oral chemo and going through radiation. I pulled it out this week and stitched on it for two nights. I didn’t get a lot done as they were short nights and I got hung up.
The letters G and H were supposed to done in a “ghosted” color…not easily seen. The called for was this bright white from Classic Colorworks called Bamboo. I wasn’t a fan. It was too bright compared to the softness of the other colors. I ended up hunting for a new color…I came up with DMC 3033. I like it much better. Typically I don’t love ghosted letters but I decided to go with it on this piece. So far I like it.
The next “trouble” I ran into is that the alphabet didn’t have a J. With my name starting with the letter J, I always hate that reproduction samplers don’t have the letter J. I decided I was going to modify the letters that were there and add a J. You can see I stitched one in the greenish color. Now I have to count and modify the L and M so they will fit. This isn’t hard but it does slow down stitching time.
My goal for this week is to finish the top row of letters and to stitch another band. I’ll likely try to do a band a week. I do love these colors on this linen. Once I get through a few hiccups on this piece, it will be wonderful to stitch on.
I have lots of cross stitch pieces going right now. That means there isn’t a lot of progress on any one them…but there’s some and that’s all I’m looking for. Oh, I just love cross stitch!!