I have a cross-stitch finish. I’m so happy.
I thought I would take you along as I finished this project.
I planned on getting this done before Halloween but when I looked at the pattern cover and saw that they used pompoms for finishing, I decided to order some.
I looked at a lot of places but it was high priced like $6 for a couple of yards. I ended up going on Amazon and found this trim package. It was $21 but look at all of the colors and there are 60 yards altogether. You can find it HERE on Amazon.
I ended up getting it, taking the colors I liked, and passed the rest to a flosstuber, Cynthia Brew from Stitching in the Light, who is great at dying things. She took the colors and darkened them and is using them. I know I could have dyed them but it’s not my thing.
Long story short…I got some black pompom trim.
I first sewed…the trim to the stitching side of the stitched piece that I had already put interfacing on…then I sandwiched it with the backing and sewed it close to the same stitching line.
I clipped the corners and turned it right side out.
Then I stuffed it with poly-fil and crushed walnuts.
While I was busy the dogs were sleeping. I had gotten an extra small dog bed when I got Izzy and she fit in it perfectly but you can see she’s outgrown it.
I sewed the opening shut. Here’s the first look at it.
You can see I still have plenty of pompom trim to do another piece or two.
I tried to stuff it a little more lightly this time.
I ended up being okay with it but…I kind of wish I added more stuffing.
It is definitely more of a Halloween than Thanksgiving piece but I’m going to leave it out so I can enjoy it for a bit. I’m going to be so happy to be able to pull this one out next fall and be reminded of my work.
I stitched this one a scrap piece of 40-count Vintage Country Mocha. I used the color Raven by Gentle Arts.
I really like stitching on small projects occasionally. It’s so nice to have a quick finish. For those of you who might be wondering, this is the same designer who made out Red Bird Sampler….