Lookie, Lookie. This finally happened!!
My Floral Motif Sampler is FINALLY hanging on the wall. So are you wondering which one if the new one??
It’s this one!! This is a chart from The Scarlett House…
Getting this fully finished has been a long and at times frustrating journey.
If you’ve been reading the blog you know that I stitched this last year at this time. I was going through my thyroid cancer treatment. I had about 60 days of treatment and recovery (the recovery ended up taking longer) so I made a plan to stitch one flower every day.
Sometimes I would stitch a small flower and start a larger flower and then the next day finish the large flower. I loved stitching this.
I finished at the end of January 2022 and immediately took it to get it framed. It sat at the framer for 6 months. It turns out the frame was on backorder and never came in…ugh.
I took it home and decided I would frame it myself. Well, I looked through my stash of frames and shopped at several thrift stores for a couple of months, and then finally in September, I decided to try to take it to Hobby Lobby. I wanted it finished and on the wall and supposedly it should only take two weeks at Hobby Lobby.
So I picked out a frame and fillet that I loved. I was super happy with the choice.
When the two weeks came, they called. The person measured wrong. They could frame it for me but with only the outer frame and not the fillet. The fillet is the beaded part and I loved that so yes, I wanted the frame reordered. Another two weeks…blah!
I went to pick it up and look…the top border was crocked and not laced evenly. After some hullabaloo, they took $25 off the framing bill and I took it home to lace myself.
This was the upper left-hand corner…
This was the upper right-hand corner.
Blah. It sat for a big and finally one day I decided it was time to fix it. Time had passed and it was closing in a year since I finished this. I wanted it on my wall.
I ended up not repinning the whole thing. I took out about 8 pins in the upper right corner and pulled and adjusted. I took out a few other pins here and there and was able to get it adjusted.
It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was.
You can see there the full look head on. I’m content with it.
Isn’t the frame pretty??
I do want to note that the color I am pointing to is not the called-for color. The chart called for a white and I changed it to a variegated pink called Chablis. The white didn’t show up with my linen.
The rest of the colors are called-for colors. I stitched this on a 40-count Picture this Plus Vellum. I love that linen.
It’s up on the wall holding a place of honor. I moved a couple of things around. The wall is filling up. I’m going to have to specifically pick some pieces to fill in the rest of the space. Hmm. I know there is a rectangle piece I’ve been wanting to stitch that might work in the upper right. We’ll see.
I have another piece I need to lace or pin soon. It’s been sitting here as well. I have the frame made. I just need a little uninterrupted time without kids or dogs to rescue and care for.
Then I’m going to get that one framed too. For now, I’m just being patient as I refuse to start lacing it unless I know for sure that I’ll have some uninterrupted time.
I’m thrilled with this one…thrilled that I am a year out from treatment. It was time for this one to get hung on the wall.
If you’re going through a tough time…loss of a loved one, divorce, medical issue, or the like. I highly suggest stitching a piece like this. It was so nice to have something else to focus on or think about while I was waiting for the treatments and recovery to be over. It was a very therapeutic stitch.