I took two cross stitch projects with me during the last week while I went to doctor appointments. While in the waiting room I stitched on this….
I was so-so impressed with how far I got on this. That border had really intimidated me…I was so nervous to start that project because of that intense border…and here I was rocking it! NOT.
Friday night I decided that I was going to intensely work on this and get that border done even more. I sat down and realized that 4 or the 6 sections that I had about done needed to be ripped out. I was off on stitches. AH!!
So after that set back, I’m this far along now…
After ripping all of that out I decided that I am only going to go all the way around and do only this outside path of the design. That way if I’m off a stitch, it’s much less that needs to be ripped out. My goal, although lofty is to try to get all the around before the first of July.
As I go I am putting one stitch in the center of the long line so I know where to fill in the design later. So far, so good. Borders always make me nervous.
I also took the time to put in two lines of basting stitch which will be pulled out later. These are to help with counting. I think I might take the time to put in a couple more…we’ll see. It really does make counting easier.
I have my next project on deck. I think I’m starting this on July 1st and will stitch for Jolly July which is just a fun thing people are doing by stitching in Christmas projects in July. Kelli and I splurged and bought these project bags. (Find them here on Amazon larger sized HERE…smaller HERE)It really wasn’t a big splurge. The bags are less then a $1 each. The bags can be seen through and are big enough to hold all of the supplies at are needed for a project. We like the bigger ones for projects whose chart is the size of regular paper. We like the smaller ones for projects whose chart is just half the size of regular paper. Getting the bags has been a nice treat for us and an awesome way to keep the project safe, together and easy to grab.
I went through and I printed a little card of each project onto cardstock. Then I laminated the cards. I take a Sharpie marker and write down any notes about the project on the back of the card. This project has the word “kitted” on the back. That way I know the project has everything in it and I can start stitching it whenever I want. There is a shortage of thread right now due to coronavirus so often times it takes a bit to find all the threads so I’ve been working to pick up threads if I am ordering.
The project bags would be great for smaller quilt projects too.
When I went to the Mayo Clinic last week, one day on the way home I detoured over to the cross stitch shop in Osage. I was on a mission to get fabric for this project.
I had wanted to start stitching in only to find I have the wrong linen. It was going to be my next project. A blog reader sent the chart to me and I was so excited to stitch it.
I ended up getting this linen…and another set of Sullivan Ball-Tip Needles. Oh my word those needles make stitching so much nicer. They are expensive but I’m okay with it. I never thought I’d be a needle snob, but here I am recommending them and telling people I would stitch with anything else!
I am still trying to be cautious when I’m out so I was masked up…and worst of all, I didn’t shop. I was in out and done in just a few minutes…it was more of a buying trip…not a shopping trip.
I asked what was the hot sellers as of late and the clerk said Hands on Design things and Teresa Kogut patterns. I looked at the Teresa Kogut patterns as she cut the linen and ended up grabbing this…
YES…another sampler. My goal is to one day have a sampler wall. At the time I stopped at the shop I thought I would be quarantined in the house with plenty of time to stitch due to getting Radioactive Iodine but that didn’t happen.
That’s okay….I can still stitch a day or two without being quarantined in.
So that’s where I am at with my cross stitch.