Ray has been flooded with mail…all great mail. It’s actually a little quilt top parade so sit back and enjoy.
I got to meet one of your blog readers this week in Bradenton where she was attending a quilt retreat. She is also in the process of purging her inventory of tops and her stash. She generously handed over two bags of treasures which I will share with you.
“1) This is the cutest top!! Love all the little frogs on it. She used a solid light green for the background fabric and a dark green border. Aren’t they adorable? It measures 53 x 53.
2) This is a nine patch top made of charm squares with white sashing. Love the simplicity and the fabric in it. It measures 48 x 48.
3) This is a beautiful QOV quilt using a log cabin pattern.. Love how she laid out the blocks. It measures 61 x 88.
4) Here is another wonderful quilt that uses… a wide assortment of scraps for a very interesting I spy quilt.Check out all the bright, cheerful fabrics in it. It measures 49 x 62.
5) I am sure there is a name for this pattern but I have no idea what it is. But it is beautiful!! Love all the fabrics and how they play against and with each other. It is 48 x 64.
6) Love this scrappy star quilt. Another great use of fabrics colors to create the pattern. It measures 44 x 44.
7) I love two color quilts, especially blue and white. This one is so special with all the smaller pieces. It measures 24 x 36 and may get a border to make it a bit larger.
8) Coordinated fabrics and panels are always special and this one is no exception. Love the vintage appeal of it. It measures 50 x 50.
9) This is another panel that could be a nice table runner or I may put borders on the sides to make it into a wheelchair quilt. Jury is out on that decision. It measures 18 x 44.
10) This is a nice yardage of 46 x 44. Love all the wonderful messages on the fabric. There was some black print fabric included that I could use for borders. I may cut it in half and make two wheelchair quilts out of it. Time will tell.
11) This is a beautiful flannel panel. Lots of options with this one as well. It measures 42 x 48.
Here are 3 pics of the yardage that was included. Lots of really great pieces that will get used for backings for quilts.
Thank you Cathy.
I received two boxes in the mail this week from Adele A. in UT. She sent some really great tops and fabric for me to share with you.
1) OMG!! This leaf quilt is stunning! Look at all the rich solids that make up the leaves and how they contrast the dark gray background fabric. It measures 59 x 70.
2) Here kitty, kitty, kitty. The cat fabrics are adorable in this quilt. It measures 54 x 54.
3) Here is a twister quilt made with big blocks. I love all the rich colors in this one. It measures 64 x 64.
4) This is a snowball quilt with a different layout that is awesome. The background fabric really makes this quilt. It measures 65 x 70.
5) OMG!! I love this quilt! It is made up of different size churn dash blocks and made with beautiful batik fabrics. Lots of interest in this one. It measures 53 x 66.
6) This is a big quilt, 71 x 91 and is made up of 24 patch blocks in a diagonal pattern. Awesome!
Here is a pic of the yardage that was included. Yeah, more backing fabric.
Thank you Adele.”
A big shout out to Adele and Cathy for stocking Ray with tops and fabric. I am so pleased that many are sending to the finishers directly. Ray and I both were nervous when we first decided to impliment that. You guys are ROCKING this!! Thanks.