I have emails from Ray to share with you today.
“I just got some pics taken of this adorable quilt that was pieced by the Cresco ladies.
It is a most interesting sample quilt and holds your attention as you put the pieces of the orphan blocks together. You just have to love it for its own special personality. To me, it had a bit of a vintage feel to it so I used the feather motif for the quilting.
The backing is from the stash from Deb and Pat in FL.
My thanks to you, the Cresco ladies, and Deb and Pat for providing me with the pieces to make this wonderful, fun quilt.
Nancy F. in FL sent me…
another wonderful box of quilt tops recently. Six to be exact. Several of them included the backing and the batting. What a treat!!
* The first quilt is a beautiful top with camel and navy and neutral fabrics. She used HSTs to make this beautiful design and set it off with a neutral border. It measures 53 x 65.
* Next is another HST quilt. The dark green blocks really do a great job of setting off the lighter print HSTs. It measures 40 x 45.
* Next was this fun quilt in greens and blues. I love the blue print fabric with the turtles, frogs, geckos, snails, and dragonflies. It measures 42 x 64.
* Next is another HST quilt. It is nothing but HSTs with one half being a neutral and the other a contrasting print. She laid it out to form the striking diamonds. It measures 49 x 52.
*Next was this awesome rail fence quilt. OMG! Those colors are awesome. It measures 49 x 50.
* Last but not least is this lady’s day for shopping quilt complete with purses, lipsticks, and heels. I really like how she set off the layer cake squares with narrow pink and gray sashing. It measures 46 x 56.”
Thank you, Nancy.”
That was fun news to read from Ray. Those tops from Nancy are all perfect for quilts that can be gifted. I am sure it’s a pleasure for Ray to get your wonderful tops to work on.