My blog troubles aren’t over. Right now a problem that I have is that scheduled posts aren’t automatically publishing…and then now tonight I went to publish this blog post and half of it is missing. UGH. I have gone back into my email and blah. I have since deleted the blog posts that Karin sent about these quilts. So sadly, we’re missing a couple of quilts that were supposed to be in this batch. I feel so terrible about it.
I have no idea what is up with the blog. Kayla is going to do some troubleshooting this week so hopefully we can figure it all out. If you are getting weird things from the blog or something isn’t right, now would be a great time to leave a comment in the comment section and let me know about it. We’d like to fix any and ALL problems in this troubleshooting session.
On top of that, I had a blog reader contact me. Her name is Sandie. Somehow when quilt tops got sent to Karin, I thought they were from Sandra from the Cresco Ladies group and told Karin they were. UGH. So some of the quilts that you have recently seen from Karin were actually made by blog reader Sandie, not the Cresco Ladies. I feel terrible about that mistake.
It was also a great reminder to me how glad I am that quilt top makers now send their quilt tops directly to a finisher so mix-ups like this don’t happen with quilt tops anymore. These were tops that had been here for a while and were sent out in “the great shipment” several months ago.
I greatly apologize to Sandie…I don’t want her to think her kindness has gone unnoticed.
So…here is the part of the blog post that is left. The beginning part just disappeared. UGH. My apologies to Karin and the quilt top makers of the quilts that disappeared.
Bringing up the end of the parade today, we have the promise of springtime and better weather ahead. Patty called this Flowered Butterflies and indicates it is a panel from Bonnie C of Georgia. It wasn’t long ago that I learned how to do flying butterflies and loops, as an all over pattern, but that motif seemed inappropriate for a sectional panel such as this. I really wanted these butterflies to stand out and I wanted the pink floral areas to look like sashing, even though it was only printed. I went ahead and sandwiched this entire top with backing and batting and took it to my sewing machine first. There I outlined all the pink floral areas with light pink thread and straight stitching with my walking foot. That stabilized the entire quilt, and defined the cheater blocks for me. Then I took it over to the quilting frame and using the same light pink thread to outline and accent all the butterflies and flowers of the panel. I loved adding some swirls in the empty spaces. In the large center section, I added a small stipple, not micro stippling, but smaller than a meander. Believe it or not I used the same light pink thread as in the hearts quilt previously shown. This time the pink showed up as creamy beige in the background. I used the last of some yardage that had been donated to me by Susan McC, in Austin, TX, some time ago. The orange, green and pink flowers seemed to be a perfect match for the cheery flowers of the front. This lap quilt finished up at 28×48, and I’m sure it will bring smiles for many years to come.
A great big thank you goes out to all the people that generously donated fabric, time, and money to warm the residents of Citrus County, Florida. I wish you all could come along with me when I drop quilts off at the firehouse. I always get multiple thank you’s and lots of appreciation.“
YAHOO!! That was a great parade of finished quilts…from Christmas to Spring. Me…I love the Spring. Many thanks to everyone who made these quilts happen from those who donated fabric and sheets, to the top makers and of course to Karin for finishing them all!!