A week or so ago, after I had finished a deadline quilt, I threw this charity quilt on the frame. The quilt top was sent to me by Michele from Maryland. The colors are wonderful. I think it will make a perfect donation quilt.
I am sure this is going to be a quilt that brings much joy to someone in need. I had hoped to finish up the quilt sooner but I had trouble finding binding fabric. It has almost sat for three weeks waiting for binding fabric.
The colors in the quilt are a little “dusty”. My fabrics just didn’t quite match. I ended up calling Kelli as she had made several projects some time ago with similar fabrics. She brought what she had but there was just enough fabric to make a quilt and I didn’t want to cut into it leaving her short of fabric.
There was enough backing fabric for a binding but it was cream and I just hate putting light bindings on quilts. That part of the quilt often gets dirty more easily and the quilts don’t pop with a light binding. I did have that option if nothing else was found.
I ended up dumping out my cupboard and finally came up with a brown that would work. It turns out that I like it.
The quilting was done with a light pastel thread on top and a cream on the back. I used the Baptist fan with a swirl in the inside.
You might remember that Michele also made this charity quilt that I finished earlier this month. Thanks Michele for the donation. It’s nice for me to have a couple quilts done and in reserve should a disaster strike or need arise.
1 thought on “Charity Quilt”
Never thought of it that way, that the binding gets a lot of wear and dirt. It’s true. And brighter bindings do help them POP!