String Challenge and More

So I did get a little time in the sewing room over the last week.

First I got my Daylilies quilt off the frame.

I know I had said that my plans were to put Baptist Fans on the quilt…I changed my mind and stippling happened intstead.  I had hoped to have the binding off and ready to show it off today but a cold put me on the sideline.

I did get the binding tacked down….

….I switched gears and finished the baby quilt.  See? …

Strings and More

Well…I got sidetracked from any string quilt work.  That baby quilt top stole my time!!

When I last talked about the quilt I was here….

I was going to make a “J” block for the bottom right hand corner and I did.

I’m happy to say that I didn’t hate this.  I thought I would passionately hate doing this putzy sewing.  I didn’t.  I cut the block out one night while I waiting for supper to cook and then after supper I went up and sewed it.  Easy-Peasy.  In the past I’ve not enjoyed that much but maybe I’m turning over a new leaf!!  One can hope.

Now the top is done….and I have a backing ready too!!

I’ll leave the big reveal of the top until it’s done.

Now I need free quilting machine.  Currently this is on the machine (still). …

String Challenge

I had a busy week.  Childcare is still settling into the new routine.  It’s going okay but I’ll be happier in a couple weeks when we are all truly settled in.  Hubby was gone some of the evening last week as he was busy cutting forth crop hay.  Friday night we were off to Minnesota for a reunion.  Saturday auction.  Sunday Kelli and Kayla were home for Carver’s 2nd birthday party and we had a retirement party.  BUSY.  Oh-and I’m ripping apart and reorganizing the basement.  Typically I don’t like busy weekends like that but this worked out good as I have nothing this coming weekend.

With all of that I knew I wouldn’t get lots of sewing time…..So I tried to steal whatever time I could manage.  You might remember that last week I told you I thought I would make this as a baby quilt for the new baby coming to childcare.  I started a boy version but found out they had a little girl, Jenna so…change of plans.  I need a girl version now.  (By the way this is from the book Oh, Scrap!.  Several people asked about the book)

I sat down at my Pfaff to do these and started moving what I was working on away-but then quickly stopped myself.

I have three machine set so that I can sew different projects at each machine.  So to the Singer 99 I went.

I sewed a few blocks only to discover this…..UGH!  The belt was shredding.  I never looked at the belt when I bought it.

Wasn’t it terrible?  This was the machine’s first work session and it was very short lived.

So I moved over and started sewing this this girl…. …

String Quilt Challenge

I got a little sidetracked again…I’ll tell you more about that in tomorrow’s post.  It all started with this…. which is obviously NOT MY STRING QUILT PROJECT!!  But it was a good thing for me to be doing and I’m so happy I got sidetracked…but onto what I did do.

Then I felt guilty about not having my Block of the Month blocks done so even more distraction….I got the two 18″ blocks done but the 12″ ones weren’t cut out so I couldn’t do them.  Hopefully at nap one day this week I can tackle them.

Then blog writing got a roll…I finished up some loose ends around here….including catching up my book work….but not much string quilting happened.

After supper on Sunday night I said to Hubby I HAVE to do something for my string quilt project…so off I went to the upstairs and happily I accomplished this…. …

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: